brunch (recipe below),
free movie channels,
sunshiny weather, and dinner with friends tonight!
easy stuffed french toast
here's my easy recipe for stuffed french toast. the whole family loves it and it really doesn't take more time than regular french toast. it's not some brand new recipe or anything, but i added a few of my tips to make the perfect brunch every time!
- bread (it's really good with challah bread, but i didn't have any today)
- milk (a couple splashes per egg)
- eggs (1 for every 2 pieces of bread or so--i like a higher egg to milk ratio, but do as you like)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a couple of pinches of cinnamon
- flavored cream cheese from a tub
- powdered sugar
- blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- blueberry syrup (store bought or you can make your own)
- mix eggs (if you drop an egg shell in the bowl on accident, use the shell to scoop it out, it works like magic!), milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl
- dip bread in egg mixture
- put on a hot griddle at around 325-350 degrees
- grill, flipping twice, until crispy on the outside and golden brown (but still soft and yummy on the inside)
- put the flavored cream cheese in between two pieces
- microwave the fresh or frozen blueberries for 25 seconds or so until they get a bit mushy and warm
- top sandwich with blueberries, warm blueberry syrup, and a dash of powdered sugar.
- eat away and enjoy!
have a blessed brunchday, i mean, sunday!