spinach gorgonzola pasta
2 Tbsp olive oil
8 cups fresh baby spinach/ 1 bag ------($1.99 @ Aldi)
1 tsp nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbsp butter softened
4 oz. gorgonzola cheese-----($3.99 @ Aldi)
1 lb. pasta ---------($1.00 @ HT with sale 5/$5.00)
Total (not including pantry items)-----$6.98
- boil water for pasta—salt after it starts boiling (reserve some pasta water for the sauce).
- sauté’ spinach in olive oil until wilted in a large pan.
- add salt, pepper, garlic and nutmeg to the spinach. turn on low and keep warm on the stove.
- in a separate bowl, cream together butter and gorgonzola cheese.
- when pasta is finished cooking, mix it in with the spinach.
- add cheese mixture and a couple ladles of the hot pasta water to the pasta/spinach.
- mix together until creamy and the pasta is completely coated.
- go ahead, try it! it’s delicious---enjoy!
i'm linking to flip flops & pearls recipe swap