2.07.2011

what's in a name

so,.....milestones & memories, huh?
 it really sums up my life.
not sure about you,
but it is really easy for me to always
be getting lost in the blog world's
'fantastic mom of the year'
or
looking into the future--
dreaming,
hoping, and
wishing my precious time away.

not just that, but to be
also forgetting to enjoy
the now----
the memories we make in the present.
my life is really great, actually
and to not appreciate and celebrate its greatness
is a down right shame.

that being said,
i've decided to acknowledge those dreams and goals
for the future,
celebrate their awesomeness
and joy,
but also embrace the positive, wonderfulness
of my everyday life.

what are these milestones, i speak of?
so glad you asked!......

1.  (saved the biggest one for first)--MOVE HOME
now, i'm not talkin' about moving back
in with my parents or anything,
but i am referring to being in my home state of Indiana
where my close knit family, extended family,
and friends all still live.
we currently live in a state 10 hours away
and visit often
but not often enough!
(more on this later, I'm quite sure)

2.  OWN A "REAL" HOUSE WITH A YARD
we currently live in a small townhouse with literally a
3ft. x 7ft. patch of turf.
i could cut it with scissors in less than an hour, no doubt.

3.  GO ON A DISNEY CRUISE

4.  BE DEBT FREE

5.  FINISH MBA
(this is Jon's, but i have a big stake in seeing it completed as well)

there are many more, but we'll leave it with five for today.......

enough with the dreaming....
i'm going to go enjoy my reality!

-Andi

No comments: